Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Another Month: The Dog Days of Summer

Like never before in my lifetime, the dog days of summer that my mother always commented upon, but never experienced to my knowledge, are here.  Record temperatures all over the state are being broken by new highs on a daily basis.  Today we registered a high of 112.  It is hard to motivate oneself to do anything with the heat so bad.

I am getting ready for Emily's visit and preparing for upcoming church events.  So, yes, the errands needed to be completed.  Undies for Undie Sunday and the fixing's for Emily's favorite casserole.

I purchased socks for our own little boys and underwear and some PJ's for Charlie Rose.  I have some new bags for Em and books for Ellie Grey.

I've returned calls, made calls, and have more errands for tomorrow.  The days all seem to run together.  Where is the fun that I am supposed to be having?

No comments:

Post a Comment