Wednesday, June 01, 2011

A Walk on the Wild Side?

So last night before bed, already in our jammies with the alarm set, Hubs says, "Do you wanna see what's makin' all of that noise outside?"

I, of course, had heard him say that I wouldn't believe how small the frogs were that make that huge sound near our water feature, but I hadn't seen them.

So, clad in monkey bottoms for him and soft blue for me, we took a walk in the pitch black, shining a dinky flashlight to show our steps on the path.  Have I mentioned that we are surrounded by woods on three sides?

The entire time I was out there I was seeing headlines in our local paper reading, "Couple snake bitten at night while walking in the woods."  It paints an embarrassing picture, in my humble opinion.

Looking back at it, the adventure was worth the fear that it instilled in me.  There were two of those tiny dudes croaking it out as loud as their little 2" bodies would allow.  And if I hadn't seen their tiny size for myself, I wouldn't have believed it.

Hubs is just full of surprises.  He never ceases to amaze me.

1 comment:

  1. Penny Jeffrey8:56 AM

    Can't wait to see photos someday. Penny

    ReplyDelete