Saturday, September 24, 2011

Good Grief, It's September!

When I finally decided that I needed to write, to post, to spew out my thoughts, I couldn't get my password straight. There is nothing easy about this blogger account. And with all of the passwords stored in my head, this site was very safe from ME!!!
So, what's going on in my life? A new love for Christ! Lots of Bible studies! And wonderfully funny precious stories about the grands! Those children, all children, are so precious!!! Thank you, God! Thank you for little children!!!
So I was talking to 5 year old Hankie last week, trying my darnedest on the telephone to make conversation, and I said, "So Hank, (knowing that he was getting ready to leave for a soccer game), "How is soccer going?"

Hank replied, "Well, I don't know, Nana, I am not there."

Then when his mother told me that he had been tossed out of speech because every time the therapist got one problem corrected, Hankie came up with a new one, I realized that this little guy is as smart as a button and enjoys "playing" us.

Hank is still wanting a cellphone, which he said he "needed" before starting kindergarten. Now he wants it for Christmas. If Dad won't let the boys have iPods or hand held games, the chance of a cellphone is as remote as the moon for this child.

Three year old Charlie Rose told Mama this morning that her favorite part about the first half of the football game last night was watching "Papa" crown the homecoming queen. I have no doubt. But as Hubs said, she sure appeared to be enjoying the hot dog that she had, too. Mama also said that Ms. Maria, who took ChaChee to the game, commented that ChaChee appeared to work the crowd as if she were running for mayor. Oh my!

I haven't heard much from the oldest two grands. They are busy with school, home work, and sports. The youngest one, Ms. Ellie Grey is working on getting some teeth in that little mouth and standing. She has no desire to walk, at this time. And we already know that she is a pro at texting at the tender age of 13 months. She got hold of my cellphone when I was last visiting and managed to get in a few calls. LOL!!!

Since I last posted my golf game has improved considerably. We won the 9 hold Scramble last Friday in the pouring down rain with high 50's, which came close to throwing me in to a wonderful case of bronchitis. Praise God for saving me from that!


But during my last golf lesson, something went "click" and suddenly I can get my drives in the air. It is the most exciting thing for me!!! It is life altering. I want to play golf daily now. One day this week, we got rained out, but I did manage to get in 9 holes yesterday
.


Must run for now, as the market (ha ha) calls for the ingredients for a salad for tonight's dinner.

Blessings on your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment