Friday, April 01, 2011

It's Friday! How Much Faster a Week Goes With Children!!!

It is true.  The days fly by when one is in the presence of children.  They are truly one of God's greatest gifts.  I never remember potty training being this much fun with our own children.  Challenging, yes, but not fun.  The cute things they say.  The disappointments when there is an accident.  The realization that a reward has been loss.  The pride in a job well done.  I thank God for this day and this week.  I truly have enjoyed watching the process of potty training from a different perspective.

My little granddaughter, who will be three in June, is delightful.  Her vocabulary is so cute and funny.  I just enjoy listening to her conversations and delight in her questions.  She is curious about so many things.  We couldn't find her special lovey (sp) for her to sleep with tonight.  At the tender age of two, with Momma and Daddy on a rare date night, she said, "Well, I'll use this one (meaning her special leopard print with silk edging) from her Aunt Amy.  It was enough to rip my heart into pieces. 

The infant sat so quietly for me to read "The Big Red Barn."  Then when I put her down to sleep, she didn't make a peep.  How different these children are from our own three! 

I recently heard a therapist ask a grandparent who was questioning her own parenting skills, "How are your grandchildren?"  When the grandparent replied that they were wonderful, the therapist replied, "Then you must have done a pretty good job with your own parenting."

There is no greater gift that God can give than His son, His love, His children for us to love on.  Thank you, God!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment