Thursday, March 24, 2011

What is "Too" busy?

You can see by this shot that I am getting a bit "artsy."  This was taken behind the Colorado Grill on Tuesday when I went to Hot Springs with my Newcomers' Bible study group for lunch.  The grill is located in an old automobile dealership, as I understand it. 

The Camera Club competition this month is windows.  Surprise!  Guess what I was looking to see on Tuesday in Hot Springs?  At the Colorado Grill.

The Golf Clinic and golfing today kept my mid-week totally tied up.  Each of those days was surrounded by appointments of one kind or the other. 

I have been praying to God about many things.  One of those things is for Him to help me to decide whether or not to take a board position on the United Methodist Women Board.  Without talking to either of the two ladies who held the post before me (both resigned before filling the job for an entire year), I have almost decided that God is saying, "No!" nice and clearly to me.  My cup runneth over as it is with church duties. 

Add to that my desire for more writing and photography, plus the volunteering via church that I am already doing, and the glass is full!

One only needs to pray and "listen," and God will answer.

Dear God, I thank you for this week.  I thank you for the strength that you give me, for the health of our family, for good friends, for this nation, for this planet, and for everything else I haven't covered.  Only You know my heart.  Only you know my pains, my regrets, my love.  Forgive me for my faults, forgive me for my weaknesses, and thank you for the many times I slip back into old sins and find only your forgiveness once again.  Bless our family, friends, and those concerns for which I pray daily.  In your son's name.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment