Monday, January 03, 2011

This is our younger grandson the day after Christmas.  He was eager to go outside and play in the snow. 

Nana especially likes this picture of him because his blue jacket and hand-knitted cap matched his beautiful blue eyes.  He is a hand-full, and we love him dearly.

I did not take a picture of the famous goose that I finally cooked today.  It weighed (total weight) just under 10 lbs.  What I didn't realize is that the farmer from whom I purchased the goose packed ALL of the parts inside the goose including the feet!  Yucky poo!

I had to cut the long neck off myself.  That took a lot of wrestling in the sink.  I wouldn't have minded, but I had already exercised this morning at Strong Women!!!

That bird was delicious, but really not worth the tremendous amount of effort, time, and clean-up that went into it.  We both enjoyed it, and we will have it again for leftovers, but that's it for home preparation of goose.  I tried it, and it wasn't even on a "bucket list!"  Hubby agreed because he got in on the last part of the preparation and helped with the cleaning of the huge mess.

Tomorrow I am back to Weight Watchers after our two week Christmas break and back on track for being a healthier me in 2011!

At our Stephen Ministry class tonight we each wrote down on a sheet of dissolvable paper a thing that we wanted to accomplish this year, something we wanted to improve upon, or something we wanted to get out of our way because it was impeding growth.  Oh, there are so many things!!!  I choose something that I want to do this year to make me a better person.  I am excited because it's something that I can do daily and see benefits in lives around me.

Blessings on your health, your family, and your new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment