Friday, January 28, 2011

Day 4: Power Surge

Here we are one sunny Sunday afternoon two years ago in March.  We took a hike, rather long, if memory serves me, through Eisenhower State Park.  I have only good memories about that day.

Today was another lovely sunny day, but the temperatures soared into the upper 70's, which serves to tease us as more cold days are on the way.

I went to church, had one of the wonderful office staff copy things for me for our Sunday school class, then took my camera and went into the church garden to snap a few shots.  What a beautiful day to be alive, to be out, to be thankful for so much in our lives!

Today's reading in One Month to Live focused on the vineyard, the vine (Christ), the branches (us), and the pruner (God).  What I gleaned from this daily reading is that the important thing is to wake up talking to God and to keep the dialog going all day. 

I didn't read this fourth chapter until later in the day (after the run to the post office, the Farmer's Market, and my walk).  So, I'm still digesting the contents and trying to figure out how the questions at the end of the chapter apply to my life.  There are probably some things there that I don't want to face.  Or I have faced them and don't know how to change them.

I just know that I feel blessed, really blessed.  And I don't know why I am so fortunate.  But I also know that I don't think that I can ever express my gratitude to God adequately.  He really is such an incredible God.  My prayer is that everyone can one day know him.

No comments:

Post a Comment