Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Where Do the Days Go?

Today my focus started out being yoga and walking at The Coronado Center.  After I had loaded yoga mat, pedometer, iPod, towel, water, and an apple in my bag and placed it in the car, I realized that I couldn't find my keys.  A quick call to the golf course revealed that The Hubs had the other set with him.

When Hubs returned from golf we searched through the garbage, my clothing I wore yesterday, the car, my purse, the bag I carried my knitting in yesterday, the closet, the bathroom, the kitchen counters, the butlers pantry, the recycling.  And then we did it all over again...

Needless to say I missed yoga and walking.  And this only 1 day after losing 2.6 lbs. at Weight Watchers.  I was so frustrated and mad at myself.  We continued to search off and on all day to no avail.

This evening we went to The Camera Club's annual Christmas Dinner at Granada, which has a new name for the restaurant, but I can never remember it.  The important part is that our grouper was delicious!  And we got to sit with a couple whom we know slightly from church and get better acquainted.  And one of the five pictures that I was allowed to enter for viewing was a cute shot of a grandchild in the bathtub.  Best shot in the powerpoint, in my humble opinion...  Okay, I'm biased when it comes to the grands.

Once we returned home, I started work on alphabetizing our address labels, then looking for recipes for the pork loin that I am going to cook tomorrow.

The Hubs was watching the Mavericks, when he decided to take a "break."  As he left the room, he said, "Did you see your keys?"

I replied, "What?"  I thought that I had misunderstood him.  I thought that he said, "Did you find your keys?"

That silly boy had searched yet again through my purse, which I had fully unloaded early this morning (or so I thought), and he found my keys in the nylon fold of the lining.  Grrrrr.

I am thankful for Hubs finding the keys, but I am so annoyed that something like that has the power to change the course of my day, as I allowed it to do.

Tomorrow I am going to go to Strong Women, for the first time on a Thursday.  Except I just remembered that on Thursdays, it is 30 minutes earlier.  I "do" so hate to get up and out of the house early on a warm day, but with this yucky cold, it is twice as hard.  I'll do it for the fat that continues to cling around my middle like crumpled tissue.

We are checking the game cam each morning to see if the small critter that resembled a bear (at the edge of our woods/backyard) returns.  Yesterday morning we had two grazing deer.  They are just so awesome to watch.  Our resident skunk has not been around lately.  That is a pleasant thing, as he gave us more than one good scare this summer when he wandered on the patio to join us for dinner.

I am so thankful for so many things.  God is so good.  I am praying for some who are walking in shadows to once again be able to see God's love and the sun that shines down on us from above.

Blessings,
Sandy

1 comment:

  1. Sandy, We get quite a few deer in my neighborhood also. One evening I opened my garage door in preparation of taking my trash can down to the curb and what should appear?? FOUR adult deer in my driveway just about 3 feet from my garage door! I let out a surprised gasp and was just "paralyzed" in the spot. The deer were not afraid...they slowly meandered away to my side yard. DARN, wish I'd had my camera or phone to take such a close-up pic of those beautiful creatures! Keep posting your critter pics on FB!!

    ReplyDelete