Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Just Another Day in the Village

This is the view of our backyard this week.  It is so beautiful!

Our pond continues to do well.

After six months of trying, I was finally available and able to attend the Morning Connection at Diamante Country Club this morning.  It was both entertaining and inspiring to hear the guests speak.  Definitely a nice Christian group to attend.

I am finding myself in a hard place right now.  It has been a rough year for me now that I stop, look back, evaluate my activities, and try to analyze my relationships. I am so thankful that I have God in my life and am aware of how the devil would like to drag me down that hole called depression.  I am definitely in a battle to win a war against evil.

In an attempt to broaden my horizons this week, I've attended the camera club meeting, the Audubon club meeting with Tim Ernst, and walked a trail walk with Audubon members.  In addition I attended a circle meeting at church that I had not yet attended and am now in the process of making caps to be given to hospitals, if I understood correctly.

The holidays are coming up.  They are never easy for me during a good year.  I have no idea what they will hold this year when I am already feeling beaten down.

And I am afraid that the gray days of winter and the rainy days of fall are colliding on my little world.

The good news is that Bogey is going to be okay with a change in diet over the period of a few weeks.  The all day excursion to get him to an avian vet was worth the effort.

More good news is that I'm getting closer to being my pre-cruise weight.  I am definitely not in favor of any more cruises unless they are veggie cruises for those trying to exercise and lose weight.

Monday on my way home from church the first time (I had three trips in one day for meetings and Bible study), I stopped at Balboa Baptist Church to take a picture of the tree and sign that they have out front.  Beautiful!!!!
Dinner was really special this evening because some friends from Little Rock came out to see our house and have dinner.  It was a special time with good people who are "real."

I pray that the Lord with Bless and Keep You. sw

No comments:

Post a Comment