Monday, May 30, 2011

Skipping the Month of May

Yep, it is true.  May skipped right through my life.  That's what happens as one gets older.  The days don't just pass any longer, they truly fly!

The bad weather that we had here in the Village and around the United States didn't help.  For awhile we were focused on our own area here after at least one tornado touched down destroying hundreds of trees and damaging a great deal of property very near us.

Then our company began coming, and the days went faster than flying; they went at warp speed.  That's what happens when you enjoy spending time with loved ones and good friends.  The time goes faster.

It is now three families and ten days later, and the company is over for awhile.  It was so enjoyable that we didn't even mind the extra laundry and are now quite adept at getting the guest room ready for the next crew.

The new thing in my life is my struggle with God's will and the resolution that I found in a book one of our pastors recommended.  The Will of God  seems to be just the book that I need to explain the on-going question of bad things happening to good people.

And I have a time management problem that is not abating.  I need to work on that, as well as work on taking off the pounds that are finding their way on to my mid-section as I spend more time cooking and entertaining.  Of course, I love everything, so even if I cooked liver and onions, I would gain weight.

My golf game is gradually improving.  I am hoping that my handicap goes down at a steady rate.  Perhaps I could get my weight and handicap down at the same rate of speed.

Hubs and I did a great walk this morning in our neighborhood.  We met the most people out doors walking and working in their yards than ever before.  I think that it is because it is a holiday weekend, and there appear to be many visitors in the area enjoying this beautiful place that we are now calling "Paradise."

We are hosting our monthly card group for dinner and cards tonight.  I'm making Ashley's Angel Chicken over Angel Hair Pasta, Jackie's Crunchy Salad, Mrs. Stutzman's homemade whole wheat rolls, and an angel food cake "frosted" with layers of a combination of Cool-whip, crushed pineapple, and a box of vanilla pudding mix.  It promises to be a good dinner. ; -)

Blessings on you and yours,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment